Bonne Année

A belated Happy New Year to you all. I hope that 2015 is memorable for all the right reasons, health, wealth and happiness seasoned with lots of love and laughter.

Christmas for me began in early December when Sam (my son) arrived for two weeks. Lots of early celebrations and good food, At Carnegie Hall in Lyon I ordered marrow bones from the amuse bouche menu, normally a tiny tasty morsel, this is what arrived (the plate is full sized)

Bubbling hot it was utterly delicious, but I shouldn't have ordered the rest of the meal whose portions were equally generous. If you've never tried it I promise you it is a real treat and apparently very good for you too. Judging by his plate Sam ordered half an ox.
When he left, with a couple of the many Christmas cakes that he had made, it was time to start Christmas preparations all over again.

I love the New Year, looking back and forward, taking stock and making plans. It all appeals to my inner list maker. There's nothing like the pristine pages of my new diary and notebook(s).

I am a resolution maker par excellence. One of the carefully chosen goals of 2015 is the big Declutter! I announced it, planned it and of course made several lists. Mr F was most impressed.

Yesterday when I returned from a brocante with several kilos of creamy glass beads he watched as I filled some glass bonbonnieres and as I popped these sweet little shoes under a dome I heard him say "Good to see the decluttering is going so well"!
But this isn't clutter, these are essential props for the New Year.


Comments