Changes

Another memorable Summer!

I'm happy to report that Ron is making a slow recovery, but his timing is awful. It was the busiest time of the year for La Jovienne. After no sleep and an entire day at the hospital with no food I returned home to a house full of guests who had been let in by my wonderful neighbours.

The day I was supposed to collect him from the hospital I discovered that the road was blocked all day for a cycle race. So although he was desperate to come home, there was nothing I could do, he had to wait bless him.

Some of the cyclists were guests, who needed to be incredibly fit to conquer the 157 kilometre route on incredibly steep mountain roads. They were understandably concerned about good nutrition and needed breakfast at 5.30am to digest properly before they set off. I was amused and surprised to see that breakfast included copious amounts of rosé wine. Maybe I should add it to my menu!

The holiday weather was unpredictable, unseasonably cold and wet, so the minute there was a glimmer of sunshine I went off over the mountains, hunting for stock or just to pick juicy myrtilles for inky dark jam, my guests' favourite.



I have lost count of the meals. Some of this year's favourites were;

 Asparagus and parmesan salad with crispy pancetta.

Souris of lamb confit with honey and rosemary.

Fresh elderflower sorbet.

Life is always full of surprises and changes, you can't stop that, but you can control how you react and respond. I'm going to make some changes in the near future, I'm really excited about them and will be sharing them with you soon.

Comments

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    Happy to read Ron is making progress, albeit slow.
    Your meals look delicious, Cafe Cynthia would be such a success.
    LuvL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment