Lost in France

Heading South again to hunt for stock yesterday I decided to take a detour & got a more than a bit lost. Probably because I was just totally enthralled by the view.
Standing in bright sunshine above the mist filled valleys I spied this chateau in the distance.
 and just headed towards it. This led to me creeping down a narrow lane with a steep drop into a river on one side and high rocky banks the other. In fact it wasn't a road at all and I had to retrace my steps!
The views of the chateau made it all worthwhile in the end.
I was nice and early so I had time to go for a walk in the woods that were carpeted with wild mushrooms, mostly chanterelles grise. I picked three kilos and could have filled the car if I had had more time.
The recent showers and warm sunshine have created perfect conditions for wild mushrooms.
So, I spent yesterday evening sorting, drying, freezing the chanterelles.
Supper was a huge mushroom omelette.
It was one of those days where you feel charmed. I found lots of lovely things to list for you, from convent linens to vintage enamelware. I've only just starting sorting through them, but I will be listing them for you soon.

Comments